Visits to monuments, guided tours, guided walks in the middle of nature... Take advantage of the European Heritage Days to (re)discover the Bastides and Gorges of Aveyron.
The Heritage Department of Land of art and history and all the cultural and institutional actors of the territory offer you a rich program of animations on the occasion of the 40th edition of Heritage Days. Let yourself be told the story of our towns and villages, from Villeneuve to Najac. Explore our bastides on a guided tour, in the form of a game or a sound trail.
On the occasion of European Heritage Days, take advantage of new visits to Villefranche de Rouergue. You can, among other things:
- Go in the former Bank of France, witness to the influence of the city during the inter-war period.
- Follow a visit-hiking on the occasion of the 80th commemoration of the Croat revolt.
- (Re)discover the built ensemble of the knitting district, an outstanding example of 20th century architecture.
- Explore the collegiate church, its bell tower letting yourself be carried away by the sound of chime.
- Follow a guide-lecturer to discover the Chartreuse Saint-Sauveur and the chapel of the Pénitents Noirs.
- Go on the attack Najac fortress on a free or guided tour.
- Attend the medieval music and dance show from the Companyons of Orfée to the conciergerie of Najac.
- Extend your excursion outside the village with guided tours of the Church of La Salvetat des Carts and Villevayre church in which the choir of Varen will give a concert.
- Follow two dancers during a choreographic wandering around the Governor's House. Take the opportunity to discover the Architecture and Heritage Interpretation Center and its exhibitions.
In Villeneuve d'Aveyron
- Discover medieval kitchen throughout the exhibition presented at the municipal media library.
- Immerse yourself in the heart of the Sixties at the Jean-Marie Perier Gallery.
- Visit the church of Toulongergues, a discreet treasure from the pre-Romanesque period, and its priory.
- As a family, follow Sam through the Causse in the footsteps of his grandfather with application Baludik.
All the Heritage Days agenda
Two days to immerse yourself in the heritage of the Bastides and Gorges of Aveyron! Monastery, chapels, churches, fortress and castles, the monuments open their doors to you! On a guided tour, self-guided or audio-guided tour, during an investigation, a family or bike tour, discover the richness of the cultural and natural heritage.