To come to Villefranche de Rouergue or get around, take advantage of public transport. By city bus, regional bus or train, find your route!
Travel around Villefranche by Bastibus
Three bus lines connect the city center to the main workplaces, municipal buildings and public services from the station of Villefranche-de-Rouergue.
Free service offered by the municipality of Villefranche de Rouergue.
From the bastide town of Villefranche, you can go to:
- In the center Aqualudis (Aqualudis-camping stop)
- Now Chapel of Thirteen Stones (Treize-Pierre stop)
- Now Chartreuse Saint-Sauveur (Chartreuse Hospital stop)
- Au grave castle
Is your accommodation or residence located outside the bastide?
Come by bus from Farrou, Rulhe, Laurière, Beauregard, or Foirail de la Madeleine.
Explore the surroundings with the LiO bus
Villefranche de Rouergue is at the intersection of four lines of liO regional buses :
- Line 203: Montauban > Villefranche > Rodez
- Line 205: Figeac > Villefranche
- Line 221: Villefranche > Rieupeyroux > Rodez
- Line 222: Decazeville > Villefranche
For all of these lines, take advantage of a rate at 2€ per trip (purchase of the ticket on board). Several trips planned? There are also 10-trip booklets as well as monthly and annual subscriptions.
Travel by train
Climb aboard the regional train to come to Villefranche-de-Rouergue or to visit the surroundings of the city. On the line that connects Aurillac to Toulouse, visit the surrounding towns and villages:
- Figeac, its old town and its Champollion museum.
- Capdenac and its railway heritage.
- Salles-Courbatiès, on the Conques-Toulouse route on the way to Compostela.
- Najac, one of the most beautiful villages in France.
- Laguépie and its wild trails in the heart of the Aveyron gorges.