A weekend on small paths in Aveyron during which you will cross charming villages like pilgrims in the Middle Ages following the GR62B and the GR36, do you like it?
4 days, 3 nights from 229€/person
3 days of roaming and self-guided hiking
Difficulty ** Comfort **
A hike between Bastides and Gorges de l'Aveyron
Day 1: arrival in Salles-Courbatiès – hike to Villeneuve, 7,5 km.
Arrival Friday in Najac, by car or by train according to your wishes... It's up to you! come by train, think of the planet for a outdoor weekend (pure of course, guaranteed 100% Aveyronnais!). Then train from Najac to Salles-Courbatiès.
Find train times
Depending on your arrival time, you can choose to leave by hiking on the GR62B toward Villeneuve d'Aveyron or make an appointment with your evening host, Stéphanie who will welcome you at the station and drive you to Villeneuve d'Aveyron.
Night in a cottage with bedroom and private bathroom: the Pilgrims' House ! According to your wishes: dine in a brasserie or gourmet restaurant in Villeneuve.
Day 2: Hike to Villefranche de Rouergue, 14 km.
Saturday morning, before leaving the village, be sure to visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and discover its XNUMXth century wall paintings depicting scenes from the pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.
To start the hike, discover the Causse of Villeneuve d'Aveyron, sometimes flat or hilly, often dry, sometimes arid, this territory that the sea occupied 280 million years ago is characterized by the omnipresence of a luminous limestone which illuminates the landscapes and the buildings. This causse that man has shaped since prehistoric times is rich in small heritage: washhouses, dovecotes, caselles, gariottes...
Arrival in Villefranche de Rouergue in the afternoon. This city was a very popular stopover for pilgrims on the way to Compostela. Do not miss the visit of the Saint Jacques chapel which is a remarkable testimony.
Saturday evening, in Villefranche de Rouergue, to relax, go to a contemporary and design 3 *** hotel with sauna on the roof terrace and panoramic view over the roofs of the Bastide de Villefranche de Rouergue: The Fleurines.
To end the day, choose a restaurant on the terrace or inside, traditional or original.
Day 3: hike to Najac, 22.5 km.
Sunday morning, departure to Najac. From Villefranche to Monteils, the Aveyron river makes its way through the plain then cuts a passage through the shale to Najac. It is a vigorous, wild landscape, drowned in the greenery. On the slopes of the Aveyron gorges in Najac, the chestnut tree is king.
Sunday evening in Najac, your evening stopover will be a bed and breakfast also a workshop-boutique: Elelta. You can enjoy one of the many terraces of the villages for your evening meal.
Day 4: end of stay in Najac.
Possibility to go back to your home by train or to take your car back if you had left it parked in Najac on the day of your arrival. Depending on the schedule of your train, departure to the SNCF station of Najac (located at the bottom of the village – minimum 20 minutes walk or transfer by car possible with your host the day before).
First direct train to Toulouse at 6:55 on Monday morning. Last direct train to Toulouse at 19:00 p.m. on Monday evening. Journey time: 1h30.
You will enjoy…
- The variety of landscapes crossed
- The reception of the hosts
- The wealth of local heritage
- Tours offered in Villeneuve, Villefranche de Rouergue and Najac
- The discovery of a section of the way to Santiago de Compostela: the Conques-Toulouse
In summary, we offer:
- Day 1, Friday:
Arrival and possibility of hiking from Salles-Courbatiès to Villeneuve
Night in Villeneuve d'Aveyron - Gîte La Maison des Pèlerins
- Day 2, Saturday:
Hike from Villeneuve to Villefranche
Night in Villefranche de Rouergue – 3** Hotel Les Fleurines
- Day 3, Sunday:
Hike from Villefranche de Rouergue to Najac
Night in Najac – Bed and breakfast Elelta
- Day 4, Monday:
Breakfast and end of stay in Najac
In summary, we offer you…
In Villefranche de Rouergue:
- the entrance ticket for the visit of the Chartreuse St Sauveur, monastery of the XNUMXth century, a masterpiece of flamboyant Gothic. Exceptionally well preserved, it is the largest visitable cloister in France
- the entrance ticket for the visit of the Chapelle des Pénitents Noirs, a Baroque chapel from the XNUMXth century which has preserved a remarkable ornate wooden vaulting
- the ticket for the visit of the Bastide Royale (old center) of Villefranche de Rouergue with a guide speaker depending on the dates, or with an audio-guide (available in French or in English)
- the entrance ticket for the visit of the Royal Fortress of Najac
- the entrance ticket for the visit of the Governor's House in Najac
Ways of Compostela in France
Two of the accommodations on this circuit are labeled " National hosting charter for accommodation providers on the Compostela routes”; they are committed to developing a quality welcome on the way.
Hike between Bastides and Aveyron Gorges – 4 days, 3 nights – from €229
|LE PRIX UNDERSTAND||THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE|
|accommodation in a double room for 3 nights (based on 2 people)||the registration fee of 20€ (offered more than 3 months before departure)|
|the breakfasts||the dinners|
|the maps and precise description of your circuit||optional insurance|
|brochures of places to visit||picnics|
|luggage transport||the train ticket between Najac and Salles-Courbatiès: €1, €3 or €7,50 depending on the timetable|
Good to know
- This stay is initially organized from Friday or Monday but can take place on other days of the week.
- Unavailable from July 15 to August 15, from September 11 to 24 and from October 16 to 29.